Live Chat with LAU Tribune Reporter Layan Doueik
Layan Doueik is an LAU journalism student and reporter for the student-run LAU Tribune. Her most recent article examines the conflict between students and their parents about choosing majors while studying at a university. While a student may have a passion for studying the arts, for example, their parents might object, concerned that such a choice could harm their future potential for wealth.
What do you think? Are parents right to influence their children’s choices about what to study at university or should students exercise their right to follow their calling?
We will chat with reporter Layan Doueik about her article on this important issue affecting students on Tuesday, November 29th, at 7 PM (Lebanon time). Join us with your questions!
- Live Chat with Manal El Tayar on studying at Sciences Po in France
- Live Chat with Salma Abdelnour, author of Jasmine and Fire
- LAU Facebook Cover Photos
- The Appointment of a New Provost
- Dr. Hussein Abbas and Dr. Ahmad Houri, co-authors of the Student’s Guide to Graduate Studies
- Live Chat with LAU President, Dr. Joseph Jabbra
- Prof. Fuad Hashwa and the MEDASTAR Program
- Live Chat with Dr. Mona Haidar on Social Medicine at LAU
- Live chat with Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management Abdo G. Ghié
- Live Chat with LAU’s Vice President for University Advancement Mr. Richard Rumsey on social media at LAU
Join us on Facebook: